Social Dinner - July 1st 2015
Social Dinner at the Cap San Diego
Time: 7.30 pm - 10 pm
Location: Cap San Diego, Überseebrücke, 20459 Hamburg.
After the first main conference day, the conference participants and other guests are welcomed to a social dinner on board of the Cap San Diego. You will be served a delicious buffet with drinks on board of the ship. Although the Cap San Diego is fully functional and able to be seagoing we remain anchored at the Überseebrücke quay.
The Cap San Diego was built in 1961 and is now located in the harbour of Hamburg. Since 1986 the ship has been used as a museum. The Cap SaN Diego is one of the few classic cargo ships, also called the "White Swan of the South Atlantic. Propelled by a two-stroke MAN diesel engine with 11600 horsepower, the ship can reached a maximum speed of 20,3 knots. The ship can carry 17470 tons at a draft of 8.46 m. The ship’s deadweight is 6,700 tons at a draft of 5.40 m.
Take a virtual tour of Cap San Diego: 360° tour
Price for participants: 35 €
Price for guests: 95 €
How to get there
From the Chamber of Commerce to the Cap San Diego (Überseebrücke, 20459 Hamburg)
- short distance walk to the metro station “Rödingsmarkt“
- Metro U3 in the direction of “Schlump-Barmbek” until “Landungsbrücken”
- travelling times: 18:57 – 19:00 or 19:02 – 19:05 or 19:07 – 19:10 etc.
- short distance walk to the the Cap San Diego (approx. 7 minutes)
- City Trains S3 in the direction of “Pinneberg” or S1 in the direction of “Wedel” until “Landungsbrücken”
- travelling times: 19:00 – 19:02 (S3) or 19:03 – 19:05 (S1) or 19:10 – 19:12 (S3) etc.
- short distance walk to the Cap San Diego (approx. 6 minutes)
For more information: www.hvv.de/en